Sunday, September 27, 2015

Voy a Granada!

The day I left Sevilla was fairly uneventful. I woke up, grabbed breakfast on the roof one last time (where Gemma was sitting grumbling about missing her bus to Malaga), packed, and walked back to the bus station. I caught my bus, caught up on blog posts on the drive, and got to the station without much fuss. Once there, I grabbed coffee and a sopressata sandwich, then grabbed a cab to the hostel (2 miles over cobblestones with a rollie doesn't sounds like my idea of fun). The cabbie spoke as much English as I did Spanish, so it took a bit of pantomime to figure out that he was telling me my hostel's street was too narrow for a car, so he would drop me off a block away. All this happened by the way while 'Shake It Off' was blasting on the radio, which a nice dash of 'what the hell is happening here' to the whole situation.

Anyhoo, he got me there, and it was a short walk around the corner to...wait. My cat sense is tingling. Why do I feel like I'm being watched? 

Oh, because I'm literally surrounded by cats right now.
That's cool.
Apparently there's an abandoned house near the hostel that's turned into a cat colony, so there are literally always cats meandering about. I d'awwed and took a photo, then meandered on before I got fleas. Got to the hostel which has a pretty cool layout, as the main hallways are all open to an atrium/shaft that goes all the way up to the roof.

View of the atrium from the second floor.

By the time I checked in it was around 4, so I just figured I'd hang out at the hostel and go grab dinner someplace nearby. Then the front desk put up a sign that said "PAELLA NIGHT 5 EURO" and that plan became 'Nope, staying here all day then." I set up shop on the patio with a book, talked to some folks, and watched as a four-foot across pan slowly turned into dinner for 30.

It was a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment